- Ran approximately 7 miles (11.25 km) from Bridal Veil Falls to my house. And didn’t even die.
- Got bonked in the mouth by the head of a very excited Miriam (she was still asleep when I left to go running and thus hadn’t nursed yet) and spent the next ten minutes or so spitting blood out of my mouth.
- Nursed Miriam.
- Worked the remainder of my 10 required hours and wondered if I could possibly take another part-time job and not go crazy.
- Played witch and vampire with Rachel for a little while.
- Went to the temple with Andrew while the girls played at my parents’ house.
- Made peanut butter cookies with Rachel’s help while Miriam destroyed everything in the kitchen waist-height and below.
- Did the dishes.
- Bathed the girls and braided Rachel’s hair.
- Read stories to the girls and sang lullabies.
- Read the scriptures. Not all of them. Just some.
I read somewhere that you should never put more than 10 things on your list-of-things to do. If the to-do list gets too long then I start feeling overwhelmed and when I feel overwhelmed I cope by napping. That doesn’t really help get things done. My life is also rather unpredictable. Getting bonked in the face wasn’t on my list of to-dos for today…and sometimes washing mountains of sheets that have been vomited in the night doesn’t get put on my list the night before, either. (Not that this has happened recently).
I used to not bother with making to-do lists at all but have been making an effort to be more…purposefully productive…I don’t know if it is actually working but I’m definitely limiting my list of to-dos to only ten items and I rarely accomplish them all, which reminds me…I need to wash whites before tomorrow.