We did a couple of big things today—we plucked all the leaves from our Thankful Tree so that we could make room for the incoming Christmas cards and we turned Alexander's car seat around. It was time. He's three years old (and then some). Besides, for Family Night Andrew suggested that we go out Christmas Light Looking, which everyone agreed Alexander would enjoy much more facing the right way 'round.
The hospital had a lovely light display that you can drive through, but they're really not as interesting from the back. So we turned Alexander around and he was fascinated. The drive alone was enough for him—he kept saying, "Wow! Wow! WOW!" but when we got to the lights he was over the moon, so I suppose switching his carseat around was worth it...even if it's further evidence that he's growing up.
Everyone enjoyed the lights, though they were all rather confused when we announced we were leaving the house. Alexander was the most confused/excited child of all. He barged into the bathroom to ask me if I was going on the family trip, too.
"Good!" he said, running over to give my legs a hug. "Because I want you to be in our family and go on our family trip! We have never ever gone on a family trip before! So I will make a map!"
I hope this family "trip" was exciting enough that he'll want to go on an actual trip sometime.
I wasn't going to record these this year because I felt like we hardly managed to get anything on the tree at all, but they insisted so here's our piddly collection of thankful leaves from this year:
- I am thankful for Waffelles our cat
- A job
- A home
- Art supplies
- Musical instruments
- Andrew, for taking such good care of our family
- I am thankful for the family
- 11010 (BoBo (in Alexander's binary code))
- Our prosesor (what...does this mean...? It's Benjamin's)
- Being healthy
- 010101101 (Mommy)
- A working HVAC system
- Wonderful children
- Good entertainment
- I'm thankful for the books (Zoë)
- 11110011 01001 010 (Alexander)
- I am thankful for thanksgiving
- Our teacher, Mommy (Miriam)
- A safe home
- Star Wars
- Baby Yoda
- And on the great big leaf Benjamin wrote "I am thankful for all the authors in the world and all their books that they make! I am not thankful for Trump! I am thankful for Zoom! I am thankful for my family! I am thankful for the national parks!
Post a Comment