Wednesday, July 11, 2007

At last!

We finally finished the dresser today--after a whole week of it sitting in our breezeway. I'm sure our neighbours will be very pleased to see it gone!

We didn't really have a whole lot of it left to do--we had already given it a second coat of varnish on Monday night--we just had to wash it off and put the knobs back on.

It was a difficult project to finish because, although I did help, I was trying not to help too much. I didn't want to breathe in the fumes from sanding or painting, so this is really mostly Andrew's work. Since he works nights 3 nights a week, it was hard to find the time to get it done.

He finished his American Heritage midterm today and we felt that it would be a good idea to finish up the dresser today and get it in place in the baby's room...before the baby comes home and we still have blankets and clothes strewn all over her bedroom.

We think it turned out rather well, considering we have no prior experience with such projects.


Before...

5 comments:

  1. Wow it looks GREAT! Like a brand new dresser. VERY NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...glad we didn't buy you guys any diapers. I was thinking about it but after seeing that closet...oh MY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we're...ummm...hoarding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad Andrew actually listened to my instructions on how to refinish the dresser! You made good use of my tools, too. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Nancy! That looks GREAT! It inspires me... maybe I'll have to try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete