1) At 9:00 PM Rachel asked if she could go to bed.
2) We got our jogging stroller fixed. It runs as smooth as silk now.
3) We spent the afternoon at the Maadi House. Rachel ran in the grass and played at the playground and I chatted.
4) Rachel, Miriam, and I all had an early afternoon nap. That hasn’t happened in forever.
5) We spent the morning in the pool at the Maadi House. Even though the pool heater is broken it was still warm-ish (ie. not frigid).
6) Everything was especially green today. It’s okay if you’re jealous.
7) We have eighteen pea plants growing rapidly in a planter on our balcony. Rachel can’t wait until they grow beautiful flowers (she’s holding a bougainvillea blossom). I can’t wait until they grow peas.
8) Wednesday is pay day and pay day is always nice. Hurray for tutoring gigs!
9) We were able to buy a couple of boxes of water and some fruit. There’s a diesel shortage and store shelves are slowly emptying…after looking at my pantry I am not sure how long we’ll be able to last if stores go completely bare but if we aren’t picky we should be able to last at least a month. Rice and beans, beans and rice, rice and beans…hopefully we can go shopping tomorrow or Saturday.
10) I woke up to the sound of Miriam cooing in her bassinet next to our bed this morning. Light was streaming through the shutters so I checked the clock. It was 8:00 AM! Both girls slept through the night—the whole way, without ever waking me up once. Words cannot describe how glorious a full night’s rest is. I feel so alive!
Happy March 10th! How did you celebrate today?