My friend Eliza tagged me with the quirk game again, and I'm kind of glad because I had such a hard time thinking up quirks last time that I've been thinking about them ever since. So thanks, Eliza!
Rules: A - People who are tagged need to post these rules and 8 random habits, facts, quirks about themselves. B - At the end of the post you need to choose 8 people to get tagged and list their names.
1) Although you can't tell by looking at my eyebrows, I love to pluck them. I love when other people pluck them for me. I find it relaxing sometimes to just tug at them. That said, I rarely find the time to actually sit down and shape them. Nor do I actually know how to.
2) It really bothers me when there is still time left on the microwave and Andrew closes the door. I prefer him to run out the timer and then close the door so that it doesn't run without anything in it. This is not a problem in America. Only here.
3) I still consciously edit Americanisms out of my speech. That doesn't mean I haven't gained a little bit of an American accent, but I've intentionally retained some of my Canadian speech patterns. When I'm really nervous I raise my vowels subconsciously so people more often guess that I'm not "from around here" after I speak in church or give a presentation than from daily conversations.
4) That said, I was totally shocked when I went to visit my sister once at how absolutely funny the Canadian accent can be. I was talking to my friend's mom and she kept saying, "Don't ya know?" and I had totally forgotten that was something Canadians said. She was like, "Oh, Kate* is going to be so sad she missed you. She's down at college, don't ya know?" I answered, "Oh, yeah, I did know that." That was totally the wrong response. *Not her real name.
5) I grind my teeth when I sleep. It's terrible and I hate it.
6) Because of my teeth grinding I can't bite things. I kind of hold it with my teeth and tear it. My top and bottom teeth don't touch each other no matter how hard I try. The upside is that I can't bite my nails or chew on my lips. The downside is that eating is a chore. One day when I'm rich and famous* I'll get my teeth fixed. *Fame optional.
7) I've moved a lot. I've lived in Raymond, Alberta; Provo, Utah; Orem, Utah; El Cajon, California; Burnaby, British Columbia; Port Coquitlam, British Columbia; Calgary, Alberta; High River, Alberta; Voronezh, Russia; Amman, Jordan; and now Cairo, Egypt.
8) I still wear clothes I wore in middle school. Actually, I still have a pair of shoes I wore in grade five, so I suppose I could say I still wear clothes I wore in elementary school (although they were a tad big in elementary school, so I'm not sure that counts). I definitely still wear clothes I wore in high school. And a lot more often than the clothes from middle school because, let's face it--those clothes are getting a little old...
Now, I tag: Abra, Kelli, My mom, Katharine, Sarah, Karen, Nicolette, and Emily.
(If you see your name on there and aren't sure whether I mean you or another person by your name, it's you.)
Okay, I did your quirk thingy....I tagged Andrew to respond to mine...I don't know, he may have a hard time coming up with quirky things!ReplyDelete
I get bugged if the clock isn't showing on the microwave too.ReplyDelete
I'm still wearing pants that I wore in High School. Booyah! We should be proud.
I have the same problem as your number 6!! I hate eating sandwiches, because the tomato always comes out in the first bite. mozzarella sticks can be tricky too. :)ReplyDelete
This is funny! I love hearing the weird quirks other people have. Kelli tagged me so I'll be doing this tomorrow and goodness knows I have more than my share of quirks!ReplyDelete
@Diana - our microwave doesn't have a clock. The reason she freaks out when I close the door when there's still time left on the timer is because the microwave starts right when you close it, so it's going with nothing cooking.ReplyDelete