I have so much to write about. So much has happened this year already. We've visited so many places, done so many things, and learned so much. And I haven't been writing about any of it (well, at least not much).
My mind is one jumbled mess of thoughts.
I think I sleep better when I write because my thoughts get all sorted out. But I suppose that's not always the case because sometimes I stay awake thinking of what to write. I know I don't sleep when I'm not writing, though, because I was still awake at 3:30 this morning to hear Andrew call out,
"Look at all the cool touristy stuff, Rachel!"
And then was still awake for adhan at 4:45 AM.
I have so many different stories floating around in my brain that it just can't keep still. It's buzzing around in my head and keeping me from that precious commodity known as sleep. So maybe it would be best if I write a list of things I want to write about so that I can put my mind at ease a little.
1) Rachel is pretty much officially potty trained. She had 2 accidents while David was here. That is all. She hasn't had an accident for about 2 weeks. She can wear pants again!
2) We visited Luxor: Karnak, Luxor, Felucca, Medinat Habu, Valley of Kings, Queen Hatshepsut, Calesh, Shoeshine, Museum, Trains.
3) We went to Garbage City to see St. Simeon and then we went to Al-Azhar Park; Rachel played by herself for an hour on the playground. Was wonderful. Garbage was up to our ears at Garbage City. Was disgusting.
4) Josh sorted out the "red cards" and we guess "Serious Shape" while playing our own personal version of Catch Phrase.
5) We visited Saqqara and Dashur. Went inside Dashur. Almost got eaten by a pack of while dogs. Seriously.
6) We visited the Great Pyramids. Rode camels.
7) Corruption. Police. Tea. Emad. 'Nuf said.
8) Rachel adds "pretty," "snack," "potty," "yes," "neener, neener, neener," "pee," "poo," and "David" to her vocabulary. Apparently we're all about potty words lately. See #1. She also learns what a car says, and will sometimes do donkey.
9) Our bed broke. Like forever and a day ago. I still haven't written about that.
10) Nor have I given an update on belly dancing, although I did sign up for another class this coming semester. Intermediate level, because I'm so good. Ha, ha.
11) I think spring might be in the air. Maybe. Or the weather is playing tricks with me.
12) Templeton is MIA. This might be combined with #11.
13) Andrew update from last semester. His grades posted, but he's not really satisfied with them. He's a perfectionist and didn't get a 4.0. But he did really well! I may also share what classes he'll be taking next semester.
14) We went to Ibn al-As with David and I had to wear a green cape/hood thingy. Discuss the purpose of the hijab as I understand it. Perhaps also discuss women in Islam. Maybe.
15) Sobri's shop. Maternity statue. Weird picture thing of seed.
16) My own little elephant in the room. Or counting blessings by looking at how horrible my life is not.
I feel a lot better now that I've dumped all of that. Kind of like eating after fasting. You know that shaky feeling you get after you haven't eaten for a while and then you start eating again but the food hasn't even made it to your stomach yet...and yet you still feel better?
That's how I feel right now.
I haven't really written about anything, but I feel like I'm going to, so I feel better.
Of course, the rest of January is looking very busy, indeed, so we'll see what I'll have time to write about...
Post a Comment